POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : elegant turns......? : Re: elegant turns......? Server Time
28 Jul 2024 20:34:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: elegant turns......?
From: Raymond Tracing
Date: 10 Jan 1999 11:11:23
Message: <3698D0B8.2F5D0FBB@tracing.org>
Chris Field wrote:

> hello all,
> its hard to explain the problem....basically what im trying to achieve is to
> have the camera flying along over a landscape. this is easy enough going in
> a straight line, but turning is giving me trouble.
>
> i can easily stop and execute a rather jerky 90 degree turn...but an elegant
> sweeping turn would be ideal.
> also to have the camera tilt as it goes through the turn would be perfect...
>
> now im sure this can be done with a complex mathematical equation coupled
> with some funky #if statements....but its beyond me.
>
> i cant find any equations which can do what i want easily, despite having
> lots of big maths books from uni..
> do i have to do this the hard way or is there an incredibly easy method?
>
> any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Chris.
>
> * Funky cheap t-shirts (irrelevant) *
> http://surf.to/quarter-mile

  I have an include file that will help. It's bundled with a smoke
genrating include file I downloaded a while back. The original
authors web page has is gone but I have the archive. It is touted
as being an include file for banking a turnig. Let me know with
a message here and I'll email it to you.

Raymond